Write ten statements
Intended to different people.
Never tell which one is to whom.
(I'll add this, though - if you care to guess if one refers to you, I'll tell you if you're right or not. Comments are screened.)
1. You're one of the ones I've known the longest, and the best. Once we got to know each other, we became each other's soft place to fall. I miss how close we used to be, but I understand that things change, and we adapt. I'm forever grateful to you, and regardless of physical distance, I'm here for you.
2. Without you, I may not have survived senior year. Nor would many other people. With you, I could be as dark, bitter and sarcastic as I wanted, or as ridiculous and goofy, with no fear of pushing you away, for you gave as good as I did.
3. You're one of the most talented people I've never met. I wish I could rectify this one day, and see if you really are as spiffy in person as you seem online.
4. Ours is one of the few relationships I can look back on fondly, with much-more-sweet-than-bitter rememberances. I'm grateful for what we had, and I understand that it was right to let it go. I thank you.
5. I always wondered what could have happened, had circumstances been different. I wish I could have been closer to you when we had the chance, and could have seen what would have developed.
6. Your talent astonishes me. Your attitude toward everything - life, work, etc. - show me how to be positive and still be human. Even when things aren't great, you manage to keep from getting bitter.
7. I can't thank you enough for coming into my life, and letting me into yours. It's amazing how important you've become in such a short amount of time.
8. You are the epitome of strength, and someone whose courage I admire.
9. You have never once failed to brighten my day with your humor. You are not a clown by any means, but someone whose humor and good nature can't help but shine.
10. I always have to give myself time to sit and digest what you write. You are a complex person, and one who I'd love to get to know better.