Overall, though, it wasn't all bad. It was one of the more stressful years I've ever had, it's true, but I made it through. I remember seeing a comic some time ago (SinFest, maybe?), where a girl was telling someone how awful her day had been while she had a huge smile on her face. When he asked her why she was smiling, she said, "Because the day's over, and I'm still here. I win!" That's how I feel about 2007. Yeah, good chunks of it sucked, but I'm still here. I win!
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
Introduced Eric to the Woods, took care of my mother through deaths in the family, went to KublaCon and worked as a demo monkey without Eric.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I made any for last year. This year: organize my cross stitch stash, try to get on top of the cleaning of stuffs.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
One of my best friends at work, Maria.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes: Grandma Wood, Uncle Paul Wood, and Great-Aunt Mosie Hargett (Grandma's sister).
5. What countries did you visit?
None this year.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007?
More bookcases, a clean apartment, more cross stitch finishes.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Honestly, most of the year is a blur for me, so I don't remember dates too well.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Making it through the funerals without major breakdown (at least, not immediately).
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not speaking up when work started going sour.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Physically, sinus infections and Headaches of Doom. Mentally/emotionally, exhaustion.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Probably the camera bag I got for Eric, just because it's working out so well for him.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
gamethyme and all my other various friends for helping me through the dark times.
13. Whose behavior, what situations appalled and depressed you?
If I start thinking about it too much, there goes the cautiously optimistic mood I'm in.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Debt, books, DVDs.
15. What events did you get really, really, really excited about?
KublaCon and GenCon. :)
16. What song will always remind you of 2007?
"Duck and Run"
17. Compared to this time last year, you are…
A little heavier (again...sigh), less satisfied with my job, more eager to create.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
I wish I'd talked to my grandmother and uncle more. I wish I'd actually written more.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Eat, watched TV.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my mom and Eric in Portland.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007?
Well, I stayed that way. :)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
Tie between Next Iron Chef, Next Food Network Star, and Torchwood.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really - I'm trying not to hate anyone. It's too much effort.
24. What was the best book you read?
Can't name just one.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery or rediscovery?
26. What did you want and get?
27. What did you want and not get?
An interview for a job at either King County Library or UW library - though that doesn't mean I won't, as neither job is closed yet.
28. What were your favorite films of this year?
Sweeney Todd, Stranger Than Fiction.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 26, and I don't remember doing too much. Eric and I usually go out to dinner in between our birthdays to cover all bases.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Being able to visit the family in Colorado for a reason other than a funeral.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
Comfortable, a little on the plainer side.
32. What kept you sane?
My friends and Eric.
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
Again, the more I think about it, the less happy I end up being. Also, I tend not to follow politics too closely.
34. Whom did you miss?
Grandma Wood, Uncle Paul, my brother, my father.
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Tough call - I met a lot of neat people both online and in real life this year.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007.
Don't wait to tell the ones you love that you love them.