The Language Instinct, Feet of Clay, Endless Nights (which just arrived today, yay!)
2. What book did you read last?
The Last Continent, I think.
3. What book are you planning on reading next?
4. Do you own most of the books you read, or do you borrow them from a library?
Mostly I own my books. Yay.
5. Who was your favourite author when you were a child?
Ann M. Martin, Madeleine L'Engle, V.C. Andrews, Mary Higgins Clark, L.M. Montgomery.
6. What were some of your favourite books when you were a child?
All the Anne of Green Gables books, all the Wrinkle in Time books, A Little Princess, The Little White Horse
7. Which literary character would you like to take out on a date and why?
Gilbert Blythe from Anne of Green Gables. He was my first crush.
8. Which author would you most like to have a `one-to-one' with?
L.M. Montgomery, Mary Higgins Clark
9. Which fictional character would you most like to have a 'one-to-one' with?Meg Murray O'Keefe - she was so cool. :)
10. Which literary character would you least like to be stranded on a desert island with and why?
The older sister from Flowers in the Attic. Creeeeeeepy.
11. Which character would you most like to be stranded with?
12. In which literary/fictional location would you most like to live?
Either Discworld or Prince Edward Island circa Anne of Green Gables
13. Which is the best TV/film adaptation of a book you have seen? why?
Probably the movie of Anne of Green Gables. They stayed pretty true to the story that way.
14. Which is worst TV/film adaption of a book you have seen? why?
The movie of Anne of Avonlea. Man, did they mess that up!
15. What film adaption do you actually like more than the book?
I can't think of any, really.
16. What book do you like better than the film adaption?
Most books, really.
17. What are your top 5 favourite books?
A Little Princess (ah, comfort reading), any of the Sandman books, I think, Mort, Soul Music, Loves Music, Loves to Dance. Of course, that's what I'm saying right now...
18. Who is your favourite author?
Pratchett, by and large.
19. What is the most memorable line delivered in a film?
Not from a film, but from a tv show: "I didn't lie. I fudged. I fudged for the greater good."
20. What is your least favourite book and why?
Hard to point to just one, when it came to all of the dry, wretched academic writing I had to read for the past four years.
21. If your life was a book, which author would you choose to write it?
Just to make things interesting, I'd want to get Neil Gaiman to take a crack at it. He'd make it infinitely more interesting than it has any right to be.
Ways to tell that you're not cool -
Driving a minivan and blasting rap in the parking lot of a grocery store. The rap doesn't off-set the minivan, sir.
Using phrases like "lay the smack down" and repeated, abusive use of the word "dude" while talking loudly on a cell phone on the bus. While wearing a three-piece suit. Oy.
OK, I can honestly say it has taken me several hours to actually finish this entry. Ri-damn-diculous.